Be happy - Be Barfi

I just wanna say one sentence for Barfi - a heart-touching, rib-tickling and mind-blowing movie, with awesome performance from Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra. I went to see the movie with very high expectation and it did not fail at all. I will not tell the story or anything of the movie, just what I found so good about the movie.

But, I will start with what I found not so good in the movie. This movie can be said to be another movie portraying main character as happy-go-lucky, a love triangle, parents against love etc just like a dozen other movies. And comic scenes looked inspired from Charlie Chaplin movies. The multiple parallel timeline storytelling was switching over too fast early in the movie (but later was positive).

And the rest of things (good things) now follow.

Firstly the songs. All beautiful. So melodious, that it can he heard over and over again. Also my eagerness/enthusiasm/keenness to watch the movie increased when I watched its Video songs. Beautiful scenes, lush green backgrounds, light romantic music, no intense emotions. A very good relax a troubled mind. My favorite song - Kyun

Story. Nice simple story told in a manner that I had very much liked in "The Prestige". The characters are real and their behavior justifies the character and visa verse. A very light movie, but a nice mix of suspense, romance, comedy and happiness.
 Yes, it is another happy-go-lucky(HGL) movie, but the character Barfi is much simpler than any other HGL. Take for example, Kareena in Jab we met. She had a lot of advice for various situation and in the end you feel good, but you need to remember a lot of stuff if you want that kind of happiness. But Barfi is simple, jus be happy, whatever life throws at you do not complicate things, do what is right, even though it involves (SPOILER ALERT) - robing a bank.

 Comic Timings: Brilliant. It is really difficult to pull off comedy without voice. I was so relieved that the comedy was not resorted to old joke telling or double meaning humor (except for one scene, but you will like it). You would LOLing, ROFLing, LMAOing and laughing with tears in eyes (LWTIE, do not know lingo for that one) and would be happy.

So a must watch is my recommendation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of working in Office that you never knew