Home Away

As the summer seems ending (ahh...3 weeks to go) I can’t wait to go home. For the past 1 year I have been away from my family and seeing them only for a couple of days that too after every 2-3 months. I am longing to go home not only because I want to see my parents, but also because it is the place I have absolutely no work to do. I sleep 12 hrs a day, sit in front of TV and do nothing. More than me, my clothes want me to go home. Alas they cannot suffer the agony of me washing them and debasing them exponentially towards a rag.

Of the various types of dwellings that I have seen- hostel, PG (paying guest) room, shared apartment, I find a house (home) most well organized.
My PG room would come in next in organization. There is no space or things, which I can disorganize. All that can be moved from one place to the other is the TV remote.

Next in line would be my hostel room. Since it is more spacious and has more things and hence more scope for disorganization. But this is limited by mine spending less time disorganizing and more on my laptop.

But the award in the disorganization category will go to a shared apartment where I had lived for a few days, a total and complete mess. With its analogy to the imbalanced forces of the nature, there are more disorganizing elements (working 24 x 7) than the organizing one (which is a lone angel coming 8 o’ clock in the morning and working only 15 minutes). A territory reigned by Chaos Knights. A place beyond imagination and if seen by my mom would scream at around 130-135 decibels.

You think this is an exaggeration? Ok, it is a little bit. But I will let you only decide. Here are a few cases in point.

  • If we eat (usually sitting on ground covered by news paper) and a few part of food fall over, we give the opportunity to the guardian angel to handle it (next morning). The next time if the naughty food has escaped the wrath of the angel then we just put another layer of newspaper and continue our chore. The cycle continues till eternity.
  • We returned the Tiffin box of the Home Tiffin services when even the bodies of the predators feeding on the leftovers decompose.
  • Each room has a dustbin of the size of that room.
  • Cleanliness is of tertiary concern. The first being time and second is of what is unknown.
  • The time for giving clothes to washer man comes when you run out of clothes and you send a messenger instead as you cannot go out.
  • Anything lost is lost forever.

So now you must have clearly understood why I fancy going home.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hahaha
u sure must b home sick.
Priyank said…
Sir.... home sick nahi... baaki saari jagah sick ho jaaoge, itne CLEAN environment me... hahaha
Anya said…
Hey bro,
It is i who try to keep the room clean I wont let u take all d credit for it.
Have fun.

Popular posts from this blog

Never Thought So